Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kazan's sketch 23

My friend April is celebrating her 21st this weekend, and I have followed Kazan's sketch over at 2sketches4you when
making this card for her, although I did flip the sketch on its side. I dont have any tweezers in my scraping cupboard and I (or the mischevious 4 year old) have misplaced the ones from the bathroom so I started trying to place the little rhinestones onto the numbers by hand but was getting the PVA glue everywhere and making a frustrating mess, then I remembered I had some needle nose pliers from when I went thru a beading phase. (and I have plenty of earrings and necklaces that I dont wear to show for it lol)
Anyway so the pliers came in very handy, and I would have liked a thicker ribbon but all I had that would fit thru the buckle bit was black...
April is having a themed party, "bad taste" and as we have very good taste (lol) my friend Kate and I will be heading to the op shops this morning to see what we can find :) Well looking at the time I should be turning the computer off and getting ready. Thanks for stopping by and would love to hear what you think.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you flipped the sketch and made it your own - all the symbols of a beautiful 21st make this card very special.
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is going to Love this card:) I love the colors and the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love how you flipped the sketch and the butterfly is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you added the rhinestones to the numbers. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...