Thursday, May 7, 2009

Card Patterns #13

Well I must admit I found this sketch over at Card Patterns a bit of a challenge as I wanted to make a card for a boy turning 5, but I dont have any boy-ish stamps and I did try to draw my own rocket ship to go with the stars... but not happy enough with it to put it on a card. No ribbons, buttons, flowers or rhinestones... just paper. I have rotated the sketch and put my pieces on angles as it didnt look right straight. I'll have a quick look for a stamp when I'm in town this afternoon even tho I promised John I would stop spending for a month...
The DT have made some excellent cards based on the sketch, please pop over to card patterns and check them out!!
As always, thanks for stopping by and would love to hear what you think, or any tips on making cards for boys. Happy Blogging!!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the sketch this week. I think the bright colors are fun and cheerful and your layers are great. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossed panel! Your colors are so bright and fun, too.

    So glad you could play along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...