Thursday, June 4, 2009

Easier said than done..

What a beautiful morning! Sun shining, birds tweeting and John gave me $50 for scrapbooking supplies before he headed off to work!! lol
Here is a LO I just finished last night of my Mum. Michelle over at Scrappy Hours has asked to see LO created when remembering someone who has passed, or a sympathy card.
My Mum passed away in Oct 2003 after a long battle with breast cancer. She was diagnosed in March 1997 at only 37 years of age, and beat the disease 3 times, but it kept coming back.
These are some older photos of her, from before I was born, and my 4 year old daughter says she looks like me, and I like that. It makes me sad that she isn't here to see her grand-daughters, she would have loved them sooo much, and I'm getting married in Oct, sad too that she wont be here to share our happiness. But somethings you cant change, no matter how bad you want too.
I feel my breasts everyday, so if there is ever a change I will know them well enough to notice, and I encourage every woman to do the same, dont ever say it wont happen to me.
I want to be here when my Daughters get married and have babies :)
Anyway enough of my blubber, going to jump in the shower and head into town to meet up with an old friend for lunch :) then pop down to the scrapbooking shop and see if I can find some suitable rub-ons for the challenge at Scrapping out LOUD. Also spotlight had a big basket of lace by the meter on special so I'll have to go by there too! Then meeting up with Best MIL-to-be, we're going to look at some candles for table centerpieces for the wedding. Thanks for stopping in and happy blogging xx
The journalling reads: The Road Home.
When I come to the end of the road and the sun has set on me, I want no rites in a gloom-filled room why cry for a soul set free? Miss me a little, but not too long and not with your head bowed low, rememberr the love that we once shared, miss me, but let me go.
For this is a journey we all must take and each must go alone, it's all a part of the Master's plan, a step on the road to home. When you are lonely and sick of heart, go to the friends we know. Bury your sorrows in doing good deeds, miss me, but let me go.
I am unsure who wrote this originally, I found it with a stack of old photos in one of Mums boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I know that your mum will be looking down on you as you get married. I know my FIL was looking down on us at ours and was definitely there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...