Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One Perfect Moment...

Good afternoon fellow crafters, I am posting my entry for The 1st Annual 2 Sketches 4 You Ultimate Card Showdown!! There is so much happening over at 2S4Y this month, Laura's sketch 27 was fantastic to work with and they have heaps of Fab prizes for the ultimate card showdown!! The DT have some fantastic samples to show you, so pop over and check it out if you haven't already!!
I tried to keep the work 'stunning' in my mind as i designed this card, and I was trying to go for a less is more approach, I didn't want to over embellish. As always would love to hear what you think!! I cant wait to see what other's have done with this sketch! What great inspiration!! Thanks for stopping in, and happy blogging!! xx
To make this card I used WorldWin Treasures 'Antique White' cardstock trimmed to 14cm x 28cm and is top fold, both purple papers come from my stash and were trimmed with my Fiskars 'ovals-1' scalloped edge template and shapecutter, embossed image is Cuttlebug 'Wedding', white handmade paper with gold embossing from Spotlight scrapbooking kit, Gold ribbon from Scrap and stamp attack and lace from Spotlight. Rub on is from scrapbook 'Autumn' and hand stitching across the top.

12 comments:

  1. I like the big scallops on the edge!

    Have a great day,
    --Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those big scallops, lace and stitching, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jessica.
    Love the lilac colours and the lace looks very pretty.
    Thank for the kind comment on my card.

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is beautiful! Love the embossing! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura & Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! It has the right amount of extras ; not too much (I know what you mean). Very pleasing card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so very lovely. I love the muted colour and the lace, which give such an elegant feel

    Thanks so much for taking part in the UCS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the embossed couple! And, purple is my fav color!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute! I like the wedding card!

    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...