Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sweet gift box

Goodmorning everyone :) Here is a sweet gift box I made for Aimee's friend who is having her 5th birthday party this Friday. It was a a challenge trying to fit the sketch from ICS onto the lid, but I managed and I think it turned out quite well. Its is just the right size for some hair clips and maybe a necklace or bracelet. I love the sketches at Inspirational Card Sketches, its always fun to play along, even if I dont get to finish them within the week. I think it might qualify over at CuteCardThursday too as the challenge is a bit o' bling, and I've got the little rhinestone butterflies that are much more sparkly in RL and the glittery rhinestone brad. I have already entered once tho, I'm not sure if you can twice.
Here is the box before I started.
Here is the decorated box :)
All paper from my stash, Value craft ribbon 10mm 'rose' and celebrate 13mm light green, rhinestone brad from scrap and stamp attack, butterflies from ebay. Also used Cuttlebug 'Tag alongs' Die.
There are soooo many great sketches and challenges this week! I wish I had time to play them all, but I best get of the computer and do some housework, because it wont do itself! Thanks for stopping by, and happy blogging! xx

13 comments:

  1. this is so sweet! I love the idea of using the sketch for a gift box. She will love her gift and will have a treasure box to keep as well. Kids love little trinket boxes and things :) I am glad you had time play at ICS this week. God Bless, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea to use the sketch for the lid of the box!!! great altered item and soo creative, love that embossed paper too!! way to go

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, and beutiful colour choice, glad you could join us at ICS this week, hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful fun pretty idea - love that you used the sketch for the box lid (must steal that idea) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous little box and such a fantastic idea too!

    Thanks for taking part with the ICS sketch this week.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stinkin' clever, love what you've done here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it's absolutely breathtaking Jessica! Such a clever idea! Thank you so much for joining us at ICS! :)
    ♥Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your box, so sweet, thanks for joining in with the ICS challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous ..Great use of the sketch!!!
    Thanks for joining in with ICS tHIS WEEK :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. great use of the sketch! it turned out gorgeous. thanks for playing along at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous box :o) It's a shame the housework gets in the way of crafting isn't it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the fact your did something other than a card! It is so cute! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...