Monday, July 27, 2009

I've been busy...

Good afternoon to you all out there in blogland!! I've got a couple of cards to show you, that I've been making over the past few evenings, I will go backwards in the order I made them, and I'll try and keep it short and sweet :)
The sketch for this card comes from ICS Sketch #26. Sentiment reads "The path to greatness is along with others - Baltasar Gracian". I wanted to use the basic grey 'urban prairie/meadow' bird paper for this one, and based my colours around that. I think we could use it as an engagement card for friends who recently got engaged.

My next card is for a couple of challenges, the DT sketch is from Bizzy Becs new challenge site Creatalicious Challenges and if anyone is interested Bec and Cheryl are looking for a couple of DT members so pop over and have a look! There is so much amazing talent out there, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway :) I must also mention if you are in Australia, Bec has an online store filled with heaps of goodies at fantastic prices and unbelievable postage deals. I'm also using the colour challenge from UYS (please excuse my pink flower but I had nothing else that would work ), over at Cute Card Thursday they want to see eyelets, and Day 143 - keep it to yourself over at 365 Cards

This card is for the sketch #125 at CPS, and CCC wanted to see some polka dots! It's a tri-fold card so there is lots of room inside for writing.
Last I have a love card that I didn't think I was going to be happy with, I'm just not big on red so this was a real challenge for me... and the first few attempts went in the scrap box :( its for 365 Cards Day 142 - Movie Monday. It's a colour challenge, but I don't have any black card stock so I just covered a white card with black paper. I picked up a bag of rhinestone buttons at spotlight for 50c! I do love a bargain :)
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed my cards as much as I enjoyed making them! Please leave a comment if you have time then I can come visit you too! Happy blogging xx

8 comments:

  1. Love them all Jess. I have your package ready to be mailed....ill email ya when i mail it. I hope you like what i included :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all wonderful! but I love what you did with the sketch. thanks so much for playing along at ICS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jessica, That is an excellent take on the sketch.. I like how you rotated it around.. Love the colour combo too..That flower is stunning.. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the ICS sketch! I love how you kept the detail of the card in the patterned paper which keeps it from possibly being busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whow what a lovely cards , there so gorgeous . I like this one so much.
    And i love your colours too.

    Hugs Ilonka

    ReplyDelete
  6. such gorgeous cards! you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy your cards.You are so good.I just started making them and have been practicing a lot.hehhehee! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous,love the butterfly and beautiful flower,great take on the sketch!!! Thanks for entering the Creatalicious DT challenge!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...