Monday, August 17, 2009

Not too girly...

Good Monday morning! I'm squeezing in a bit of blogging while Charlotte is snoozing and Aimee is glued to the cartoons on TV. I've got 2 cards to show you today! The first one is a fathers day card for my Dad, following the challenge over at the new monthly Challenge blog Creatalicious Challenges to use brown and metal when making something for Dad. Here in Australia, Fathers Day is the first Sunday in September. I was born on fathers day in 1984 and every year I hear "you were the best thing any Dad could ask for" lol .Now that I've made a card I just have to think of something to get him. He has just bought a new car so maybe some seat covers if he hasn't bought any before then. My Dad is a tad forgetful on occasion, so I thought this sentiment was suitable and still meaningful.
I've used 2 antique gold heart shaped brads, 8 silver eyelets and a 'made with love' heart shaped charm. The brown paper is from Stampin' up. The senitment reads "The next best thing to knowing someting, is to know here to find it - Samuel Johnson"
My second card also started out as a fathers day card, this time for John, but I just dont know now. I think I'll try and make something else, and this will be my 'back-up' if I cant make anything I like better lol. And I'm worried he will think this one is a bit girly so I might see if I can find a stamp on Thursday maybe fishing or something. I followed the sketch over at Carols Sketch Fun and her fab new sketches are posted every fortnight.
Everything for this card comes from my stash, and I've used my swiss dots embossing folder and a 'made with love' charm on this one too. The senitment reads "It is not how much you do, but how much Love you put into the doing that matters - Mother Teresa"

Thanks or stopping by, and as always I would love to hear what you think! Happy blogging xx

15 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous!!!Love how you made them.I think the card for your DH is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica...those sentiments are great, you make them hapy I'm sure! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment is beautiful Jessica and the little bunch of embellies is just so lovely....all i all a great card :)

    Thanks for playing along with CSF #12

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic,love your DP and metal embellishments!!! Great job with the string,love the rustic feel to this card!! Thanks for entering our first challenge and hope to see you at Creatalicious again next month!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica, I think your dad will love the card, I love all those autumny browns and the tied jute, a real lovely touch. (I don't think I've done a project yet which doesn't have a little bit of jute on it!!). For a moment I though you were being super organised ready for next years fathers day (June in UK), I didn't realise you had it on a different day (I'm so dim sometimes!!). Thanks for my comments too, i really do appreciate feedback and comments, it's so kind. Love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessica,
    Love both your cards, especially the heartfelt sentiments. Really like the texture of the knotted jute on the first card. It looks great. Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges this month.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica..both your cards are lovely..love the natural look with the twine and eyelets..thank you for joining us at BBCC and hope to see you again...
    regards
    Jan..xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love them!! Both are very elegant and stunning all at once!! LOve the shell detail, may have to pinch that idea!!! Melly xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful cards! I share my birthday with Fathers' Day too - only Fathers' Day here in the UK which was June 21st this year!
    Love the use of eyelets on your first card, very clever!
    I really like your second card too, but if your not sure it's a good excuse to get crafting again LOL!
    Aimes
    x
    P.S Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog - provided me a great link to your creations! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, very elegant!

    Greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful cards Jessica. hugs rahcxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two completely different but equally stunning cards Jessica - I love them!

    Have a fantastic weekend sweetheart & thanks for your lovely words on my blog today (even if they weren't entirely true lol) - made me blush :)

    Big Hugs
    Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Fabulous, i love the twine and eyelets.. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge.. Bec

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what amazing cards. Love both of these and as people have said love what you have done with the eyelets and twine. Also the cards with the swiss dots is gorgeous and so elegant. Love the sentiment and the wee embellishments you have tied on.
    Love Rel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your card for our first challenge...the twine with the brads are so perfect, and the heart in the center is amazing too. Thanks so much for joining us on our first challenge and hope to see you again...hugs from Abby:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...