Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My first Magnolia

Good evening all! I've just been out to catch the last little bit of sunlight to take a photo of my card. This is the first time I've used a magnolia image, and sorry I dont know what she is called, she came to me in a fabulous RAK from the lovely Jacqui. I coloured her with my derwents, I was planning on getting some copics a few months ago but if you're a reader of my blog you will know I hardly use images like this on my cards. So I'm holding off until... I dont know when.
I followed the sketch over at All That Scraps Wednesday Weekly Challenge Blog... not my idea of an easy sketch, I found it hard to place all the layers so they sat right. I think I still missed a layer. The DT have some lovely work pop over and check it out if you have time!
I combinded it with the christmas theme over at Magnolia Down Under Challanges #27 which it's my first time entering any challenges there :)
aaaand there are 2 days over at 365 Cards this can work for, colour me with this (pencils) Day 266 and to use your own Handwritting... sorry cant find the day for that one! I thought it was recent but I cant see it hehe
Thanks for stopping by and I'd love any comments or suggestions on improvement for this card as I haven't really made anything like it before. Happy Blogging xx

8 comments:

  1. Darling image and colored beautifully. Papers
    are lovely too. Love the flower and the button center. Welcome in to your first challenge at MDU. We would love it if you came back again for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, a lovely card!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, such a sweet creation!! I hope you enjoyed your first Magnolia experience, that little sweetie is Tilda and you have coloured her wonderfully!! Thanks for playing with us at MDUC, I hope we'll see you back next time around!!!
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous. I hope you come back and play again.
    Thanks for joining in the MDUC
    Kristy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, welcome to Magnolia Down Under. I hope you will come and join often. Terrific card you've done. I believe that adorable image is called Tilda with Strawberries. You've coloured here beautifully. Love your flower--it looks like a passion flower to me. Love it.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wlcome aboard MDUC - hope we see some more of your fabulous work!! This is just gorgeous!
    Thanx for joining us at MDUC
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to your first MDUC - so glad to have you and your card is just beautiful. Hope you to see you next time. Merry Christmas
    Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first Magnolia card is great! A sweet creation! =)

    Greetings from Anne (Norway)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...