Saturday, March 20, 2010

Embellish with a patch of Denim

So much to post, so little time!
I'll start with a card for the colour/ fabric challenge over at Embellish Magazine which is being sponsored by Whimsie Doodles.
Here I've used the colours required (although I feel my green is a bit off) and cut up some of John's old jeans that he is never going to fit back into... I thought blue denim would work perfectly for the colour challenge!
All the paper is Stampin' up, lettering is from Lil' Davis, flowers and rhinestone brad from my LSS, also used my sewing machine and oval nesties.
Quite satisfied with how this card came out, and love the stitching detail too. The DT over at embellish have some wonderful samples to show you, amazing inspiration so please pop over and have a look!
Also just a reminder that if you want to enter for the Guest DT spot for April over at Sketches! by tamara the submissions close on Monday the 22nd. It's an easy recipe so pop over there and have a look too! Maybe you would like to combine the recipe with one of Tamara's awesome sketches, or even the colour challenge from embellish?
Thanks for stopping by and Happy blogging xx

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, hope hubby doesn't mind about his jeans!!

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, love how the denim fabric pops against your flower embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that denim mat! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I REALLY love this one---it my be my fav. The stitching really pulls it together for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is great, Jessica! I love the denim, and the stitching looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...