Friday, April 23, 2010

for a sweet friend

Good morning! I've whipped up a card this morning to show you all, I've used a freebie (until Friday) digi ice-cream that you can find at PaperPopsicles and I'm entering this card in the ice-cream theme this week! Did you see the amazing prize from paper popsicles that I've got linked in the sidebar? All you have to do is enter the weekly challenges at PaperPopsicles and your name goes in the draw for the monthly prize! Pop over and check it out!
I'm also entering my card at Card Patterns Sketch #60, I thought the ice cream would look great in the center of the circle on the sketch, and I know there's not supposed to be anything top right but I added the buttons to 'even it out' I suppose. Fab work from the Design Teams at both blogs so pop over and check them out!
All paper is from stampin' up, adornit lettering available from the stamp spot (link in my sidebar), buttons and ribbon from my stash, flowers are kaisercraft, also used my circle and scalloped nesties, and derwent pencils to colour.
And just a reminder entries for Aimees challenge ~ pink yellow and green ~ close on Saturday and we only have 4 entries so far, you would have a good chance at a prize if you enter, and we'd love to see those little crafters making something too! I'm going into Aimee's class first week of May to help make Mothers day cards... It's going to be busy and fun! They have the best imaginations :)
Well that's it for me today and most likely the whole weekend :( We have another busy one planned and there is always housework to catch up on too.
Take care and I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend! xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm just visiting from Canada.
    My friend had your link on one of her posts and I thought I'd check it out.
    I really like your card. I card- and bookmark- make, (I don't have patience for sorting photos).
    I'll follow you here, I'd like to see what you create.
    Take care!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! Love how you used the freebie! Thanks for joining us at Paper Popsicles, I look forward to seeing what else you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love the lay out and the paper. Yummy!


    My daughter love's Aimee's Craft blog. She hasn't entered lately because the weather is finally turning nice her and she is outside with her friends as much as possible. It is supposed to rain this week end so I hope she will want to craft with me.


    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Love the polka dots and gingham papers and that ice cream cone. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet card,
    I just wanted to pop over to thank you for entering my candy and to wish you luck.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a super sweet card, pardon the pun! Seeing your link to Card Patterns made me think I need to get back into checking them out.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you chose. Hope to see more of your talent on the Paper Popsicles blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...