Thursday, April 22, 2010

(insert title here)

Good morning friends, I just wanted to pop up two cards to show you, that I made last night after I finished altering Aimee's winter tunic; it's a bit long so I moved the buttons on the shoulders and took the hem up, she needs a little more room around the middle than the smaller size, but if she is going to be tall like her Daddy I'm sure she will grow into it!
So my first card is based on Makeesha's terrific sketch, you can find it here!. I don't usually like to leave the holes in the buttons empty but I couldn't find an embroidery thread in the right colour in my stash, and the jute string was too much.
My next card was inspired by Marcia's logo for her new blog marcia jane designs, I really like these colours together and since I just found my quickcuts bird die I wanted to use it... it had slipped under the couch that divides my craft space from the toy room. I'll be so much more organised after we renovate!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I do hope your all looking forward to a wonderful weekend! We'll be taking Aimee to march in the ANZAC day parade on Sunday morning, then meeting up with some friends for lunch and finally stopping in to see John's Nan for the afternoon. Hopefully the weather is nice! Take care and Happy Blogging!! xx

5 comments:

  1. Great job for the sketch challenge - that paper is so pretty and the buttons are sweet. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww thanks for the plug Jessica, love your take on my blog banner!

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty cards... just adorable.. bec xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...