Thursday, April 29, 2010

one for mum

Well not my Mum, but someones Mum... hopefully :)
I took a few cards into Jewlz today, Julie had asked for some mothers day cards that don't actually say mothers day on them.
I'm combing the colour/embossing challenge at Embellish who are being sponsered by Practicing Creativity Designs, also the Mothers Day theme over at Paper Popsicles who have a digi image freebie PLUS an amazing monthly prize (see the pic in my sidebar...) and also entering Challenge #45 ~ Make your own flowers at Die Cut Dreams who have some yummy flowers up for grabs.
You may have seen me use these paper roses in an earlier post... but if not I found a fantastic tutorial by the fabulous Rae... Click on her name to check out her sensational cards!
This should have been a quick card, but I wanted to complete the colour challenge and it took me ages to get it to work. Love how it turned out and I can see myself using Rae's rose technique again and again... watch out!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you're all looking forward to a wonderful weekend, I'm catching up with my fabulous friend Kim on Saturday and we're going to get crafty :)
I can't wait!
Happy blogging xx

19 comments:

  1. It turned out lovely, Jessica!!! Love the flower embellies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers!! Thanks for playing at paper popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Jessica, great flowers, thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous x It really caught my eye when running through blogging updates x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica,
    You're so sweet! The RAK is just simply amazing, I am so thankful! I really wish you could have seen me opening it, cause I was so suprised :) Thank you so much! Sorry for being late too, but your RAK is on way to you :)
    Thank you once again!
    Viki from Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful Mother's Day card!! Love those flowers!! Thanks for playing along at Paper Popsicles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers... LOVE love them!
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is really lovely! Thank you so much for entering DCD this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous the flowers are really brilliant big hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little flowers on your card are perfect! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous flowers and the colours work great! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, the flowers are so good. Might have to make me some of these.

    :) marcia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge with your beautiful card, Your handmade flowers are gorgeous.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and colour combo, your handmade flowers are gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! the flowers are adorable, what a great mommy card!

    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those flowers are divine, and your card is just overall great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I say your time was VERY well spent. You nailed it perfectly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card! Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...