Saturday, May 8, 2010

2 Cards for 4 Challenges

Good evening, I have 2 cards to show you tonight. The first one is based on Laura's sketch # 51 over at 2S4Y and the colours are from Embellish Colour and dimension challenge, I've popped the birds and the wings and the teal strip up on foam tape. I went all out and bought the more expensive brand this time, as the last roll I got almost wrecked my sharp scissors, I had to get John to clean the sticky off with industrial something-or-other cleaner he has in the shed. When I first saw this colour challenge pop up in my emails I thought I might sit this one out but after I saw the beautiful work from the DT I thought maybe I could give it a go :)
The sentiment is stampin' up, as is the bird punch and most of the paper, birds I just punched out of scraps. The flowers are from kaisercraft, you can get a few different colours over at The Stamp Spot.
My second card followed the CPS Sketch #165, and the colour inspiration I found over at Colour Create Challenge Blog who have a current DT call. I've used the same teal and vanilla cardstock since I still had it out on the desk, (I couldn't find any khaki in my stash so I used kraft instead) the stamp and sentiment come from stampin' up, I embossed the teal panel with cuttlebug swiss dots folder, and trimmed with one of my Fiskars Border punch... it's the same punch as on my bird card :) and the buttons and ribbon are just from my stash.
Well thats it for me tonight, time for some shut-eye... I'm excited because my little sister will be here tomorrow! She moved to Queensland in Feb last year and its soooo far away and I miss her heaps! It will be good to catch up with her and I might even talk her into making some cards with Aimee and me while she is down. Aimee has been asking her to make cards for her Challenge Blog, but we have yet to see what she can do with basic office supplies ;) maybe I'll make her a little kit to take back home lol.
Well thanks everyone for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think of my cards, especially the bird one, I'm glad I stepped outside my comfort zone with the colours and gave Laura's sketch a try!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

8 comments:

  1. adorable cards! thanks for playing along at 2S4Y:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such fabulous cards! love the stitching on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange colour combos but they work so well ... would be good male cards. Happy Mothers Day to you, hope you got a lie in!

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful birds... awesome design... LOVE it!
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! I love those birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning cards Jessica, I love the clean lines....thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice card...
    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! That coffee set is one of my all time favorites! Mine is waiting in storage for when we finally move to Denmark!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...

Blog Archive