Sunday, May 2, 2010

handmade flowers

Hi!
I had such a fabulous time yesterday making cards with my friend Kim, I made 3 cards all with handmade flowers, and Kim showed me how to make a tri-fold card.. I haven't finished it yet so look out for that one later in the week!
Over at Die Cut Dreams Challenge Blog, Susie and Vikki would like to see handmade flowers on your card and they have a pretty little prize up for grabs, so hop over and check it out! The DT have some beautiful work to show you too!!
The first one is for John's mum for mothers day, I wanted something a bit different... she's an amazing lady and saying 'happy mothers day' just isn't enough so I used one of Kim's stamps (possibly from stampin' up) and it says 'someone like you should be celebrated every day.' I think it's very fitting :) I found a tutorial for the paper roses over on Rae Barthel's Blog.

They are becoming a favourite of mine!

The next two cards I used a technique I haven't tried before where you just pull one side of the white stitching on the ribbon to gather it and then tie in a knot. Easy peasy and I love the bright bold pink. I used Kim's stamps for these two cars, they are from Stampin' up.
I started with Kazan's sketch #51 in mind but then flipped it sideways for the 'enjoy' card... You can still sorta see it in there :) Kazan and Laura have the best sketches!
Well that's it for me today, I'm heading off to peel some potatoes and pop the roast pork in the oven. Perfect weather for a delicious roast with lots of veggies and yummy gravy.
Maybe I'll even squeeze in some cake and ice cream for desert!
It's a bit cloudy this afternoon so I took my photos outside on top of the spa pump (excuse the weathered lid) but they came out much clearer, and the white so much whiter than the one I took in the bathroom.
Thanks for stopping by and I would love to hear your thoughts on my cards :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love then all .... but the top one is my fave. Happy roast pork night, great minds must think alike!

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there

    Your hand made flowers are grogeous hun and the cards really beautiful.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flowers, pretty card, thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the paper roses are really lovely, I'm sure your MIL will love the card. Thank you so much for entering the DCD challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all absolutely stunning your flowers are amazing. THankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and colour combos, your and handmade flowers are gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my, those cards are just gorgeus! Love the cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your flowers! So cute and sweet!!! How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so inspired to create after visiting here - love the enjoy card :)
    thanks for joining us at 2S4Y
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the ribboon idea,
    if I didn't have to make dinner right now, I'd be upstairs at my table making about 200 of them!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...

Blog Archive