Monday, May 17, 2010

MAWTT and the sweetest thing...

Hello friends! I have two cards to show you that I've just finished off. It's way too late to take photos so I'll load them on in the morning. The first one follows Karen's sweet sketch, you can see her sketch and her wonderful card (and links to the beautiful creations from her design team) on her blog The Sweetest Thing..., pop over and check it out! You will be inspired!
I'm also combining it with the cardstock theme this week over at Paper Popsicles, everyone uses it and they have a great monthly prize for entering any of their weekly challenges. Do pop over and check out the fantastic freebie they have this week!
This was not my first attempt... I can't even say it was my second! lol I played around with the colours alot, originally I started with a purple base but was stuck, so I worked my way backwards from the bird, then sentiment, then circle then base and finally the buttons. I would love to hear what you think!
Now that it's finished, I wish I had embossed the big white piece with my swiss dots folder... oh well... next time :) everything on this card is pretty much stampin' up, Kraft, Whisper white and bashful blue cardstock were used, and I am loving this bird punch and the sentiments from the whimsical wishes set! buttons from my stash and I even pulled out my sewing machine for this one :)
My Second card follows Clare's sketch over at Moving along with the times, it is challenge number 46! This week they are sponsored by Bugaboo Stamps, please pop over and check out the sketch for yourself, when I first saw it I really wasn't sure what to do... but I picked some colours and happy with the outcome! I'm also entering it over at Die Cut Dreams Challenges who want to see you "lace it up!" and Vikki from Posh Pins & Charms is sponsoring the challenge this week! pop over and check it out!!
All papers and the stamp are from stampin' up, kaisercraft rhinestones and flower, lace and pearly wire things are from my stash, also used cuttle bug leaf die and inked around the edges with stampin' up basic brown.
While you're here please pop you name down for my blog candy, you don't need to be a follower just leave your blog url with mr linky in my candy post and you could be the lucky winner!
Thanks for stopping by, I'm feeling very inspired this week so I hope to be back soon with some more cards to show you! Take care xx

7 comments:

  1. WOw these are both amazing, I love them both,I really like the sentiment instead of an image it looks really classy. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week. Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the clean and simple look to the first one. second one is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, love the simplicity of this one. Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling this is so pretty thanks for joining us at the DCD challenge this week
    Hugs Susie & Vikki
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is a gorgeous card. I do love these cards with no images. Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT xx Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. Very good and creative.

    http://eenzybeenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are both beautiful cards - love your style and your choice of colours too

    Fab to see you at Die Cut Dreams
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...

Blog Archive