Friday, June 4, 2010

Guess who's a Guest Bar-Tender!!

Me!!
How exciting it is to see your card recognised on someone else's blog :)
I only recently found this fab challenge blog called Raise the Bar, and I submitted This card and got chosen to (guest) bar-tend this week!
Joni set the 'Summer' theme for this week and here is what I came up with:


Today I've used a 14cmx14cm whisper white base, then a layer of american craft 'cherry' cardstock and distressed the edges a little then zigzag stitched it, and used my fiskars border punch on the apricot cardstock across the middle. Then I distressed and stitched around the white circle, used a stampin' up birthday sentiment and added some rhinestones, buttons and a crochet flower!

This is the first one I've made! I found a link on you tube and after a few tries I was happy! I also gathered up 5inches of yellow ribbon like a flower to sit it on. I used the Curtain call 32 over at Stacey's Stamping Stage as these colours are so bright and summer-y and I've also based my card on the FTL92 sketch over at Clean&Simple stamping. This card also works for Aimee's 'Something for a girl' challenge :)

I'm so excited to be working along-side the Bar Tenders at Raise the Bar this week! Please pop over and check out their amazing work! Thanks for stopping by!

(And there is still a few days left to put your name down in my little blog candy draw too!)

6 comments:

  1. congratulations on your achievement, great use of the Curtain call colours this week, thanks for joining in the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I do love this card.. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! love the ribbon flower:) thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo on being Guest Bar Tender!!
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my card - I love how you've worked with this weeks colours too. Looking forward to what you create with Sketch'n'Color sketch!!
    Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on the blog yesterday and thought oh wow! Gorgeous, love it to pieces!

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...