Saturday, July 3, 2010

2S4Y sketch meets embellish invitation challenge...

Yep... that is one original title.

I have combined Laura's fantastic sketch #55 from 2Sketches4You (being sponsored by Mint Motif) with the brand new colour/invitation challenge at Embellish (being sponsored by the fabulous Unity Stamp Company).

Both blogs have some stunning samples to inspire you, and wonderful sponsors also! Please pop past and check them out!

Here is what I came up with!

I was sure I had some metal gold butterflies at the bottom of a box somewhere... when I eventually found them it turns out they were actually silver, so I used my stampin' up butterfly punch on some shiny almost-light gold card instead. It came together pretty quickly, I would have liked to add some stitching on the embossed piece but my machine is not doing what it's supposed to so I've been hinting about a new one for my birthday coming up.
John said keep an eye out for something I like... he knows how to keep a girl happy :)

Thanks for stopping by, I have a child-free evening ahead of me so I plan on getting some stuff done. Less than 7 weeks until baby number 3 is due and I still have lots to organise! John is working on the Hilux this afternoon I will be working on our bedroom lol... Enjoy your weekend! xx

8 comments:

  1. great take on the challenge!! love your card- good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a striking card! GORGEOUS! LOVE the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card with beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica, this is a beautiful card. Love everything about it, especially the vivid red ribbon running through the middle of the card, very pretty. Hope John does buy you your sewing machine.... am sure he will, but this card looks terrific even without any sewing added. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute use of the colors! Love the embossing! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! You pulled the colors together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...

Blog Archive