Monday, July 5, 2010

Mans card...

It is not often that I sit down and make a card intentionally for someone, but John messaged me this morning and asked if I could make a card for one of his work colleges who had a mild stroke a couple of weeks ago, and is now in rehab. He said not a get well card, just something to let him know we're thinking of him.

This paper is from the Basic Grey Max & Whiskars collection, I had trouble deciding on embellishments as I don't think John would appreciate flowers or butterflies. The sentiment is from Stampin' up whimsical wishes and the rhinestones in the corners are from kaisercraft. Buttons and mending cotton from my stash. I also used a reverse corner punch and stampin' up binder punch.
I'm also linking it up for the 'in stitches' challenge over at Papertake Weekly as I hand stitched my buttons on, sadly my sewing machine is out of order atm :(

Anyway thats it from me today, Charlotte is napping the there is washing that needs folding...
I do hope you all have a wonderful start to the week!
And if anyone has purchased cloth nappies from an etsy seller and was really happy with them I'd love to hear about it as I'm looking to invest in some in the coming month!

3 comments:

  1. I just got some new buttons! I love this idea!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't see guy cards often, and I really enjoy how simple they are.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...

Blog Archive