Friday, August 13, 2010

~crafty creations meets ColourQ~

Hello again :)
I have no school run today since Aimee is having a play date at a friends, and Charlotte is still napping. John will be home late so I decided I could put the housework off a little longer and make a card :)
This one is a Z-fold card... something I have never tried before! I got the directions from the link at Crafty Creations Challenge #80 and the theme is winged things. They are being sponsored by  Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps, and the current challenge is open until Wednesday!

I found my colour inspiration from the fabulous Colour Q Challenge #45, link your colour creations up by Sunday the 15th August! 
Here is what I came up with!

Loving these lable 4 nestys, all the cardstock and green paper is stampin up, as is the sentiment and the butterfly punch. Buttons and rhinestones are from my DT pack for the Stamp Spot online store. I'm really pleased with how this turned out, and will add it to the collection for Jewlz store, she asked me for some bright coloured birthday cards and this fits the description!

Thanks for stopping by, and please pop back tomorrow to see my DT card for ECP Challenges, we have a fab new sponsor and an easy peasy challenge!! Can't wait to share my card with you!!
Take care xx

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Jessica, love the SU papers. Every time I see this butterfly punch being used I think I should buy it!! maybe on my next Stampers 10.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica what a pretty card, really liking the butterflies and buttons!

    Thank you for your comment on my easel card, I'm not too good at giving instructions but will try, as I would love for you to join the Charisma challenge.
    The size of the card that I made is 5x5 once folded, but you can make any size at all. You have almost got the base made with the card in this post!! You just need to crease the other way!
    Get your card base and fold in half, open it up and then fold 1 half of the card (say the bottom) in half again towards the centre crease, open it up, fold along the creases and this gives you your base.
    Then what I do is cut a card of the same size in half to give me the front panel of the easel (you could always cut a coloured/patterned piece of card the same size and use this instead.
    It's easier I find to decorate this part before attaching it to the base, then once decorated glue this to the folded part of the base.
    Decorate the base and you have one finished easel card!
    You just need to add a brad/button/flower, something raised to the base part, which will help keep the card open!

    I found some video instructions on youtube which are very easy!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol7q7Beb0nY

    Good luck, I hope I've helped and not confused you any more. Once you make one easel there will be no stopping you!!
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you did a fabulous job with this z fold card...and wasn't it fun! I am so happy to have stumbled upon your blog. It makes me sad to think your spring is just about to arrive and our winter is ahead. It ios always sad chatting with Aussie friends because our seasons are just the opposite and one of us is happy for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I love the design--how it opens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my! Your z fold card is incredible! I love the label nestie set you used! It looks really cool layered like this! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Thanks for playing the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this - the card is so unique. Beautiful work! If you love colour challenges, please come try ours this week at Stampin' Royalty. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...