Sunday, April 3, 2011

~getting sweet with card patterns :)

 Happy Hello!

I am dropping in to share a card I made last night using the Fab sketch over at Card Patterns this week...

 and combined it with the super sweet colour inspiration over at The Lollipop Ladies...

and here is my card...


I have a few of these A4 plastic orange fiskars shape stencils and a shape cutter, probably some of the first things I bought when I started scrapbooking/cardmaking but hardly ever use anymore. The right hand side boarder of the kraft piece was made using one of these, I just wanted something a bit different to my scallop border punch.

Also coming into the colder months here and wondering weather anyone can share with me, some tips on better photography? My camera always wants to use the flash but I don't like it... I've seen some light boxes but not wanting to spend too much (would rather spend it on craft supplies)

Well thanks for stopping by this weekend, hope you all had a great one! take care xx

9 comments:

  1. Very elegant! I love the border, and you've done an amazing job with the sketch!
    thanks for playing along with the Lollipop Ladies this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simply elegant.
    Thanks for playing along with The lollipop Ladies

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWEET card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica - I don't know what sort of camera you have, but I always turn off my flash & find the secret is to then find your ISO & put it on 'high'(it's usually on a default of 'automatic'). This allows more light in BUT you have to hold the camera very still! It works really well for me - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet Jessica! I love that bird you used and the soft colors against the brown. So glad that you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can make a light box for a few dollars. I googled 'make a light box' and found some great instructions. I thought this one was very easy to follow http://www.wikihow.com/Create-an-Inexpensive-Photography-Lightbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful edge, it's very elegant.

    Thanks for playing with us this fortnight at the Lollipop Ladies :)

    Trish - Candy Stripe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful!!
    Thanks for joining in the Lollipop Ladies Macaroon challenge!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...