Wednesday, September 7, 2011

~September Challenge @ TSS plus some more catching up!~

Hmm been a little while since my last post :( life has been busy and my 2 youngest have not been letting me get a full night sleep either. But I have a few cards to share today, just catching up!
First I'd like to share a card I made for the month long September Inspiration challenge over at The Stamp Spot.
Here is the photo to draw inspiration from:

Navy and Pink

and here is my first card from a few different angles :)




 Now to tell you how I created the bird image on the card...

Over at Unstampabelles they have an Animal Challenge. There is also the optional challenge of embossing. I cut the bird and cage from Tim Holtz die that Michelle from The Stamp Spot ordered especially for me (she is such a sweetheart!) then I embossed the bird with swiss dots folder and inked up a sponge with dark pink ink and wiped inwards on the bird.



See that bow? Guess how long I spent trying to get it to sit right....

The piece of paper that I had the bird on top of while I was inking is the one I used on my first card. I decided would look nice on a card. so there is my story lol.

OK next is a card for the great sketch over at Card and a Half!
Here is the sketch:
and here is my card!




I did the same sponging and inking to the outline of my oval as I did to the Tim Holtz bird.


Over at ICS this week there are 2 sketches to play with!

#129


#130


two great sketches and two great sponsored prizes to go with them! I do hope you can join us at ICS this week! You have until Monday to link up your sketches.

To finish off I'd love to share a photo of me and baby Ella celebrating her first birthday last weekend :)



Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have time to leave a comment I would love to return the visit :) take care xx

8 comments:

  1. OH WOW Jess, these are all super awesome!!!

    Where to begin!?

    The misting on the first with the bird is awesome, and the embossed bird in cage for Unstampabelles rocks!!!

    Love all your other cards too, awesome stuff!

    and gorgeous pic of you and your baby girl!

    So great to see, have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow some gorgeous cards there, really beautifull, and I love your photo, so cute.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have entered our third challenge at Unstampabelles Jessica as I have enjoyed reading how you created the top two cards. Lovely work. The bow is just perfect too. Happy Birthday to your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Looove your birdcage card ~ & congrat's on Ella reaching one ~ it's a cute age:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at your designs Jess, your creations are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cards - all of them ;-)
    specially like the simplicity the birdcage card for the UnstampaBelles challenge - thanks for joining in this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I popped in from Unstampabelles to say how much I liked your entry and wow, lots of lovely cards to look at - love the way you have recycled the paper on the first one, looks fabulous!
    Sandy, Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy creations! your card for the sketch is so nice the colours are beautiful ........thankyou for coming to play x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! xx

Friends...